On July 1, 2024, the Law on Electronic Transactions 2023 stipulates that an electronic signature is a signature created in the form of electronic data attached or logically combined with a data message to confirm the subject. sign and confirm the subject's acceptance of the data message.
According to the Electronic Transactions Law 2023, electronic signatures are classified according to the scope of use including:
- Specialized electronic signature is an electronic signature created and used exclusively by an agency or organization for the activities of that agency or organization in accordance with its functions and tasks;
- Public digital signature is a digital signature used in public activities and guaranteed by a public digital signature certificate;
- Digital signatures for official use are digital signatures used in public service activities and are guaranteed by a digital signature certificate for official use.
Photo 1. Regulations on the legal value of electronic signatures from July 1, 2024_ Hotline: 097 211 8764
Pursuant to the Law on Electronic Transactions 2023, regulations on the legal value of electronic signatures are as follows:
- An electronic signature is not denied legal value just because it is expressed in the form of an electronic signature;
- Specialized electronic signature to ensure safety or digital signature has the same legal value as that individual's signature on a paper document;
- In cases where the law stipulates that a document must be certified by an agency or organization, that requirement is considered to be met for a data message if that data message is signed with a specialized electronic signature for security purposes. security or digital signature of that agency or organization.
Thus, electronic signatures are absolutely not denied legal value.
The Electronic Transactions Law 2023 takes effect from July 1, 2024.
Photo 2. Free legal advice _ Hotline: 0972118764
Socio-Economic Summary Department - TLK Law Company Limited
According to thuvienphapluat.vn
Dear readers, TLK Law Company Limited, in addition to providing readers with useful intellectual information about economic, cultural and social life, we are also an organization providing legal services; Professional accounting - tax and trade promotion with many years of experience.
With the desire to fulfill social responsibility, if readers need advice on issues related to the Law, please contact us at hotline: 097 211 8764 to get advice from a lawyer. Direct consultation (completely free consultation).