June 24, 2023, With 95.14% of the delegates agreeing, the National Assembly passed a Bill amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Exit and Entry of Vietnamese citizens and the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam.
Accordingly, Eligible subjects for e-visas will be extended towards citizens of all countries and territories. In particular, the issuance of e-visas is applied on the basis of ensuring national defense, security, social order and safety, in line with Vietnam's foreign policy and socio-economic development. Specifically, The Law amending the Immigration Law 2023 has increased the duration of electronic visas (symbol EV) as follows:
Photo 1. Increase the duration of E-Visa to 90 days from 15/08/2023_Hotline: 0972118764
1. The SQ-sign visa is valid for no more than 30 days.
2. HN, DL, EV visas are valid for no more than 90 days.
3. The VR symbol visa is valid for no more than 180 days.
4. Visas with symbols NG1, NG2, NG3, NG4, LV1, LV2, DT4, DN1, DN2, NN1, NN2, NN3, DH, PV1, PV2, TT are valid for no more than 01 years.
Thus, from August 15, 2023, the e-visa (or e-visa) period has been increased from no more than 30 days to 90 days and is valid for one or more times than the current one.Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014.
- Entry and exit papers issued to citizens before the effective date of this Law are valid until the expiry date stated in the entry and exit papers.
- In case citizens apply for entry and exit papers but have not been granted them when this Law takes effect, the provisions of the Law on Exit and Entry of Vietnamese citizens No. 49/2019/QH14 will continue to be applied.
- In case foreigners have been granted an electronic visa or entered under a unilateral visa exemption scheme or applied for an electronic visa but have not yet been granted an electronic visa when this Law takes effect, the provisions of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam No. 47/2014/QH13 have been amended and supplemented with a number of articles under Law No. 51/2019/QH14.
The law takes effect on August 15, 2023.
Photo 2. Free legal advicefee_ Hotline: 097 211 8764
Socio-Economic General Department – TLK . Law Firm
According to the Government Newspaper,
Dear readers, TLK Law Firm, Ltd., in addition to providing you with useful knowledge and information about economic, cultural and social life, we are also an organization providing legal services; Professional accounting - tax and trade promotion with many years of experience.
With the desire to carry out social responsibility, whereby readers need advice on legal issues, please contact us according to the following instructions. Hotline: 097 211 8764 to be consulted directly by a lawyer (consultation is completely free).