On November 14, 2022, the National Assembly passed the Law on Domestic Violence Prevention and Control 2022 to replace the 2007 Law on Domestic Violence Prevention and Control.
=> See more: Latest Vietnam’s list of exports and imports
Accordingly, domestic violence acts are added in the Law on Domestic Violence Prevention and Control 2022. Specifically, according to the 2022 law, there will be 16 groups of domestic violence acts as follows:
- Torture, mistreat, beat, threaten, or other intentional acts infringing upon health and life;
- Insults or other intentional acts that offend the honor and dignity;
- Forcibly witnessing violence against people and animals in order to exert constant psychological pressure;
- Neglect, don't care; failing to nurture and care for family members who are children, pregnant women, women raising children under 36 months old, elderly people, people with disabilities, people unable to take care of themselves; failing to educate family members who are children;
- Stigma, discrimination on the body, gender, and capacity of family members;
- Preventing family members from meeting relatives, having legal and healthy social relationships, or other behaviors aimed at isolation, causing frequent psychological pressure;
- Preventing the exercise of rights and obligations in family relations between grandparents and grandchildren; between father, mother, and child; between husband and wife; between brothers, sisters, and brothers;
- Revealing or spreading information about the private life, personal secrets, and family secrets of family members in order to offend the honor and dignity;
- Forcing to perform sexual acts against the will of the spouse;
- Forcibly performing obscene acts; compulsively listening to sounds, viewing images, reading pornographic content, inciting violence;
- Forced child marriage, marriage, divorce, or obstructing legal marriage or divorce;
- Forced pregnancy, abortion, sex selection of the fetus;
- Appropriating or destroying the common property of the family or the private property of other family members;
- Forcing family members to study, work too hard, and make financial contributions beyond their ability; controlling the assets and income of a family member in order to create a state of dependence in material, spiritual or other ways;
- Isolation, incarceration of family members;
- Illegally forcing family members out of their lawful residence.
Photo 1: Supplementing domestic violence acts in the law on domestic violence prevention and control 2022, effective from July 1, 2023_Hotline: 0972118764
Thus, compared with the Law on Domestic Violence Prevention and Control 2007, the new regulations have added a number of domestic violence acts; revised, detailed, and added the old provisions to overcome domestic violence the shortcomings of the Law on Domestic Violence Prevention and Control 2007.
The Law on Domestic Violence Prevention and Control 2022 takes effect from July 1, 2023.
Photo 2. Free legal advice_ Hotline: 097 211 8764
Socio-Economic General Department – TLK. Law Firm
According to thuvienphapluat.vn
Dear readers, TLK Law Firm, Ltd., in addition to providing you with helpful knowledge and information about economic, cultural, and social life, we are also an organization providing Legal services; Professional accounting - tax, and Trade promotion with many years of experience.
With the desire to carry out social responsibility, if you need advice on legal issues, don't hesitate to contact us at the hotline: 097 211 8764 for advice from a lawyer (completely free consultation).